2 cups water
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
1 cinnamon stick
A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
1 thin slice of lemon
1/2 Tbsp honey
1 1/2 cups walnuts, ground medium to fine
1 1/2 cups almonds, ground medium to fine
1/4 cup sesame seeds
2 tsp vanilla sugar
1 Tbsp caster sugar
3 tsp ground cinnamon
1 pack @antonioufillopastry Pastry
200g unsalted butter (clarified) mixed with 1/4 cup olive oil
1. Make syrup. Add all ingredients to small pot except honey. Bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat then simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Add honey and stir through. Turn off heat and allow to cool completely.
2. Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius fan forced.
3. Lightly butter 28cm x 30cm baking tray
4. Add all filling ingredients to a bowl and combine with spoon.
5. Have your tray, butter, filling and Fillo in front of you.
6. Remove Fillo from packet. Lay flat in portrait orientation.
7. Place one sheet on chopping board. Lightly butter. Place another sheet on top and butter. Then fold in half upwards to form a rectangle. Using hands, spread a generous handful of nuts across the width of the Fillo, 1 cm from the bottom. Spread it halfway up, filling the entire space. The bottom half should have nuts, the top should be empty. Now roll up to form a cylinder shape.
8. Place gently onto pan.
9. Repeat until all Fillo is used up. You should get about 8 rolls. Ensure rolls are not bunched up too tightly against each other.
10. Butter each log generously.
11. Using serrated knife, cut each roll into smaller logs, to desired size.
12. Bake 30 mins or until golden brown.
13. Remove from oven. Allow to rest 5 minutes then gently ladle cold syrup over Baklava Rolls.
14. Rest a few hours before serving
Thank you very much C H R I Σ T I N A for your recipe!!