White Chocolate Coconut & Banana S’more Bars
1 ½ cups shredded coconut
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
2 egg whites
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup white chocolate, chopped
2 large bananas
4 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
2 cups mini marshmallows
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch square tin with foil, then spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray or oil.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the coconut, vanilla, salt and egg whites. Stir in the chopped white chocolate and sugar.
3. Press into the lined tin.
4. Wrap the bananas in foil.
5. Place the foil-wrapped bananas and the coconut base into the oven separately. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the coconut base is golden brown and the bananas are dark and starting to seep a bit.
6. Immediately peel the bananas into a bowl and mash roughly with a fork.
7. Spread the mashed banana over the coconut base and sprinkle on the chopped chocolate.
8. Spread the chocolate evenly to cover the entire base and sprinkle with marshmallows.
9. Turn your broiler on and put the oven rack on the top third of the oven. Place the pan under the broiler for less than one minute, just until the marshmallows are toasted. Watch them closely!
10. Remove from the pan and peel away the foil. Cut s’mores bars into 12 or 16 squares. You could also make these s’mores over the barbecue by making the base in the oven ahead of time and roasting the remaining ingredients over the heat. Enjoy!