- 187 grams/ 1½ cups plus 3 Tablespoons cake flour, sifted
- 2 grams/½ teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 96 grams/ 1/2-cup whole cranberries, fresh
- 141 gram/5 ounces white chocolate chunk
- 113 grams/ ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 300 grams/ 1½ cups sugar
- 113 grams grams/ ½ cup heavy cream
- 116grams/ ½–cup mascarpone cheese
- 3 large eggs/ about 165 grams
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons orange zest zest
- 31 grams/ 2- tablespoons beurre noisette
- Loaf pan
- Measuring jug
- Standing or hand mixer
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F/163°C
Butter, flour, and line with parchment paper a loaf pan. Sift together, 3 times, cake flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
Prepare your mise en place.
Cranberry pound cake mise en place
Sift the dry ingredients and whisk the egg with vanilla extract, set aside.
In a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, on medium speed till creamy, slowly add sugar and continue to beat on medium speed until blended and creamy, about 3-4 minutes. Add orange zest, add the cream, and mascarpone, and continue to beat on medium speed.
Add sifted dry ingredients, on low speed, alternating with the eggs mixture, and ending with the dry ingredients.
Add white chocolate & cranberries coated with a handful of flour.
Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan, smoothing the top, gently tap the pan against the counter top (to remove air bubbles.) Draw a line down the center of the pound cake, with a butter knife, pour the beurre noisette butter into the line.
Bake for about 55 to 65 minutes, until the top of the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool the cake in the pan on a cooling rack for 15 minutes.
Remove the pound cake from the loaf pan and cool on the rack.
White chocolate Glaze:
- 120 grams/ 1-cup powder sugar
- 85 grams/ 3 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 30 grams/ 2-Tablespoons whole milk
- 15 grams/ 1-Tablespoon Godiva white chocolate liqueur
- Large glass bowl
- Hand whisk
Prepare the White chocolate glaze mise en place.
White chocolate glaze mise en place
Place sugar in a bowl; add milk, whisk until the icing sugar is moist and loose. Add and whisk the white chocolate liqueur until the glaze is pourable. Pour the melted white chocolate into the glaze and whisk to amalgamate the glaze.
Pour over the cooled cranberry pound cake.
Sydney and I had a brilliant culinary adventure developing this recipe!
the pound cake has a wonderful fusion of sweet and tart!