Garlic Butter Chicken with Pineapple
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips (or chicken tenders)
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (juice of ½ a lemon)
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper, or 1 tablespoon Sriracha or any hot sauce you like (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes, optional
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
1. In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, black pepper, parsley, Cayenne pepper (or hot sauce), and red chili pepper flakes. Set aside.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Lay the chicken strips in one layer in the skillet. Cook on each side for 1 minute each, until nicely browned – adjust timing depending on how you like your chicken.
3. Right before chicken is done, add the pineapple chunks and cook for 2 – 3 minutes, stirring from time to time.
4. Add the honey garlic sauce in the skillet and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to coat chicken and pineapple. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary.
5. Remove from heat and serve the honey garlic pineapple chicken immediately on top of rice, quinoa, or bulgur, garnished with more crushed chili pepper and fresh herbs. Enjoy!