Lavender Earl Grey Blackberry Ice Cream Floats Vegan
Lavender Simple Syrup
3/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon culinary dried lavender*
Bitter Earl Grey Tea
1½ cups boiling water
5 earl grey tea bags (or 2½ tablespoons loose earl grey tea)
2 cups blackberries
Juice of half a lemon
3 cups sparkling water
1½ pints vegan vanilla bean ice cream (or your favorite vanilla ice cream)
- Prepare the simple syrup. Head the sugar, water, and dried lavender in a small saucepan over medium heat, just until the sugar melts, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and cover to let steep for 10 minutes. Strain the syrup and let cool.
- Brew the tea. Pour the boiling water over the tea bags and let steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags, pressing excess liquid from the bags, and let cool.
- Purée the lavender simple syrup, earl grey tea, blackberries, and lemon juice in a blender until smooth. Strain the puree to remove any seeds. You should have about 3-3½ cups of puree.
- In a large pitcher just before serving, slowly and carefully add the sparkling water to the blackberry puree (it should foam up a lot!).
- Place 2-3 scoops of ice cream in each of six large glasses and pour blackberry soda over the top. Add a splash more sparkling water to add a little foam to the top and serve immediately.