Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs Ingredients
You don’t need any special ingredients to make these chicken shish kebabs, just pantry staples!
Chicken kebab marinade :
- Brown sugar
- Soy sauce
- Pineapple juice
- Olive oil
- Rice vinegar
- Sesame oil
- Chicken breasts
- Bell pepper
- Red onion
How to Make Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs
- Stir together marinade ingredients: in a mixing bowl whisk together ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, 2 Tbsp olive oil, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger and sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add marinade to chicken, rest: place chicken in a gallon size resealable bag. Reserve 1/2 cup of the chicken kebab marinade in refrigerator, then pour remaining marinade over chicken. Seal bag and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill over medium heat to 400°F (200°C).
- Toss fruit and veggies with oil and season: drizzle 2 Tbsp olive oil over red onion, bell pepper and pineapple and toss, season with salt and pepper.
- Thread ingredients onto skewers: thread red onion, bell pepper, pineapple and chicken onto skewers until all of the chicken has been used.
- Cook through on grill: grill chicken on oiled grill grates 5 minutes then brush along tops with 1/4 cup of remaining marinade. Rotate to opposite side and brush remaining 1/4 cup of marinade on opposite side.
- Allow to grill about 4 minutes longer, or until chicken registers 165°F (75°C) in center on an instant read thermometer.