How to make Cranberry Turkey Meatballs
- 1lb / 500g Ground Turkey (I use thigh because it tends to be more fatty and flavoursome, but could use breast)
- 2 tbsp Dried Cranberries, finely diced
- 1/2 cup / 35g Dried Breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Fresh Sage, finely diced
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley, finely diced
- 1 medium Spring Onion, finely diced
- 1 Egg
- 1 clove of Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil, plus extra for cooking
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- zest of 1/2 a small Clementine (or Orange)
- Combine all of your ingredients in a suitably sized bowl, ensuring you don’t overwork the meat.
- Evenly split and roll into bitesized meatballs.
- Place on a lightly oiled tray and bake at 200c/390f for 15-20mins or until golden brown and piping hot in the centre. Give them a shake half way through to ensure they cook evenly.
- Drizzle a little oil in a suitably sized pan over medium heat. Add meatballs and fry for 12-15mins or until golden brown and piping hot through the centre. Give them a good shake every now and then to ensure they cook evenly.
- Serve with toothpicks and cranberry sauce! Enjoy hot or cold.