Candy Cane CheesecakeAuthor: Rachel QuenzerRecipe type: DessertCuisine: AmericanPrep time: 20 minsCook time: 40 minsTotal time: 1 hourServes: 8-10 Ingredients
- Cheesecake Crust Ingredients:
- 4-5 large graham crackers
- Three tablespoons of butter, melted
- Peppermint Cheesecake Filling Ingredients:
- Two 8 oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cups of sugar
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup of heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. of vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. of peppermint extract
- 2 Tbsp. of all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 6 drips of red or pink food coloring
- White Chocolate Topping:
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips, melted
- Crashed candy canes
- Crush your graham crackers. Make sure they are crushed to a very fine consistency and then add your melted butter.
- Press the mixture into the spring form pan and then put the crust in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Combine your sour cream, heavy cream and cream cheese. Mix well.
- Add your sugar, flour and eggs and mix well. Make sure not to over mix though or you will get air bubbles in the cake, which doesn’t make much of a different in taste. It’s more of a look thing.
- Add vanilla and fold it into the mixture.
- Add your peppermint extract and food coloring and fold it into the mixture.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and use butter or olive oil to coat the edge.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the pan and even it out with a spatula.
- Add one cup of water to your pressure cooker.
- Tent your cheesecake with tin foil.
- Use the stainless steel rack that comes with the pressure cooker and lower the cheesecake into the pot.
- Secure the lid and cook on high pressure for 33 minutes. Remember, you will need to allow time for the pot to come to pressure.
- When the timer is done, let the pot vent naturally for about 10-15 minutes. Then, release any final pressure.
- Take the tin foil off and let the cheesecake cool on the counter for about an hour. The, put the cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least three hours.
- Once it has had time in the fridge melt your white chocolate chips in the microwave. About 30 seconds should work. Crush your candy canes while it melts.
- Use a spoon to put the chocolate on top of the cake and then sprinkle the candy cane on top.