Brown Sugar Cardamom Latte
- 8 ounces strong coffee
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar Cardamom Syrup see recipe below
For The Brown Sugar Cardamom Syrup
- 1 ounces whole cardamom pods
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- Place milk into a microwave safe jar and heat for about 30 seconds, until warm. Tightly screw lid onto jar and shake for a few seconds, until milk is foamy. Use caution when unscrewing lid as pressure may build up.
- Place 2 tablespoons of brown sugar cardamom syrup in a mug. Pour hot, strong coffee over syrup. Top with foamy milk.
For the Brown Sugar Cardamom Syrup
- In a small pan over low heat, toast the cardamom pods until fragrant, stirring often. Watch closely to avoid burning them.
- Using a mortar and pestle, lightly crush the cardamom pods. Pour the pods and any exposed seeds into a medium sauce pan.
- Add the water and brown sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain solids through a fine mesh sieve. Store syrup in the refrigerator in a sealed container.
Nutrition information is using 2% milk