Diageo Global Travel has announced the launch of the Johnnie Walker Black Label Origin Series – a new collection of blended Scotch whiskies that celebrate Scotland’s four main whisky-producing regions – exclusively in global travel retail until October 2019.
The collection of four, 12-year-old blended Scotch whiskies include single malts from some of the world’s most famous distilleries in the Highlands, Islay, Speyside and Lowlands.
The Johnnie Walker Black Label Origin Series “is born out of that sense of exploration, and a thirst to find the best flavours that the four corners of Scotland have to offer” stated Diageo, offering travellers the opportunity to explore and better understand the unique flavour profiles of each region.
Each Scotch in the collection is crafted only using whiskies from a particular region to capture the primary flavour characteristics of that area. Three of the limited editions are blended exclusively from some of Johnnie Walker’s finest single malts, and a further edition brings together quality single malt and grain whiskies to best represent the that region’s flavour profile.
The whiskies in the series are:
- Johnnie Walker Black Label Highlands Origin has a rich and dark fruitiness, with red berry and stone fruit notes. It is crafted exclusively from single malts from the Highlands, with whisky from Clynelish and Teaninich at its core
- Johnnie Walker Black Label Islay Origin has a slight spice and is for people want to explore whiskies with a warming maritime smokiness. It is made exclusively from exceptional Islay single malts, including Lagavulin and Caol Ila
- Johnnie Walker Black Label Speyside Origin is a light and fruity whisky with hints of cut green apples and orchard fruit. It is made exclusively from quality single malts from the Speyside region of Scotland, with whisky from the distilleries of Cardhu and Glendullan at its heart
- Johnnie Walker Black Label Lowlands Origin has a sweet, creamy vanilla character and notes of toffee. It is made exclusively from a variety of single malt and grain whiskies from the Lowlands including Glenkinchie and Cameronbridge
Experience for travellers
To support this exclusive launch Diageo Global Travel will be activating a full 360 global campaign which includes experiential opportunities, standout retailer partnerships and digital media activations, delivering an engaging experience for travellers this summer.
Anna MacDonald, Marketing Director, Diageo Global Travel said: “We are delighted bring the four corners of Scotland to the four corners of the world with the launch The Johnnie Walker Black Label Origin Series in global travel.
“This limited-edition series is the perfect starting point for adventurous spirits that are keen to go on a journey of flavour exploration, and we’re delighted to play a role in helping to demystify Scotch and its many flavour profiles. We look forward to bringing this incredible collection to life with some exciting in-store experiences in global travel retail.
“Whisky fans and global travellers will be taken on a journey, experiencing the sights, smells and of course, the tastes of the four corners of Scotland with our immersive retail experiences that champion not only the limited-edition series, but also key historic distilleries from each of the four whisky-producing regions in Scotland.”
Johnnie Walker Whisky Specialist George Harper said: “I’ve always been fascinated by the distinct flavour profiles that distilleries from each of the four corners of Scotland offer, and what they individually add to our whiskies. The Johnnie Walker Black Label Origin Series gives us the opportunity to take people on a guided tour of the whisky-producing regions that give us the signature notes of Johnnie Walker Black Label.”
Navigating Scotland’s whisky-producing regions
The series packaging doubles as an accompanying guide to the whisky, and the region it comes from. Each limited edition pack features a map of Scotland. The region that the whisky within originates from (Speyside, Highlands, Islay, or Lowlands) is highlighted, along with interesting facts and trivia relating to that part of the country.
The Johnnie Walker Black Label Origin Series is available globally from July in selected Travel Retail stores with an RRP of £35/$46/€40 for a one-litre bottle.
- Get Your Prime Account Ready! Lady Gaga is Launching a Makeup Brand on Amazon
- Travel and Leisure: Η Μήλος το καλύτερο νησί της Ευρώπης – Κρήτη, Πάρος και Σαντορίνη στην 5άδα
- Γιατί (δεν) πρέπει να φερόμαστε στο σκυλί σαν ήταν το παιδί μας
- Τι λένε τ’ άστρα και τα ζώδια (15/7/2019)
- Καναδάς: Πώς επηρέασε η νομιμοποίηση της ψυχαγωγικής κάνναβης τους ασθενείς που τη χρειάζονται