For the Creamy Candied Pecans:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
For the Ice Cream:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping; plus more for serving
Make sure your ice cream canister is fully frozen before starting!
- To make the pralines combine the brown sugar, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup cream, and butter in a heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat. Bring to a boil and let boil for about 3 to 4 minutes to lightly caramelize. Use a sturdy wooden spoon to stir in the pecans and remove from heat. Keep stirring until the candy cools and the pecans are coated. Spoon onto a parchment lined baking sheet to cool completely.
To make the Ice Cream:
- Combine the heavy cream, milk, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl, and whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Turn on your ice cream machine and pour into canister. Process according to manufacturer’s directions. Just before you finish churning add the cooled pralines to the machine as well as the 1/4 cup caramel.
- Transfer the soft ice cream to a freezer safe container (I like to use my metal loaf pans), and freeze for at least 2 hours or until desired consistency. Enjoy with an extra drizzle of caramel sauce if desired.
To make this recipe without an ice cream maker – Follow the instructions above, but instead of pouring into an ice cream maker, pour into a freezer friendly bowl. Place bowl in freezer covered, and stir every 30 minutes until your desired consistency is reached. Add the pecans and caramel topping just before fully frozen.
- Berry Cheesecake Pops
- Τι λένε τ’ άστρα και τα ζώδια (17/8/2019)
- Ο χάρτης της καταστροφής στην Εύβοια απ’ το Copernicus
- Θλιβερή ανακάλυψη: Εντοπίστηκαν για πρώτη φορά μικροπλαστικά στα χιόνια της Αρκτικής και των Άλπεων
- Μπάρες frozen yogurt με σοκολάτα και μούρα