- 8 slices white Texas Toast bread
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- Powdered sugar
- Maple syrup
- Cut each slice of bread into 4 equal strips; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, whipping cream, milk, vanilla, sugar and cinnamon.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- After butter is melted, dip each piece of bread in egg mixture, let excess drip off and place in saucepan.
- Don’t place too many pieces of bread in the pan so it is overcrowded.
- Once one side is golden brown, flip over and cook the other side until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup.