- 1/2 cup vegan butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 tbsp dried rose petals (culinary grade), plus more for topping
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax meal mixed with 6 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic, unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 cups 1-to-1 gluten free flour (I used this brand.)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup organic powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp blood orange juice
- blood orange slices (optional for garnish)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a loaf pan with a little vegan butter. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add the sugar and rose petals, and gently pulse until rose petals are well incorporated.
- In a medium-sized bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the flax eggs, vanilla and applesauce. Fold ingredients to mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sea salt, baking powder, baking soda and cardamom. Then add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Stir to combine. Loaf batter will be thick.
- Transfer the mixed batter to the loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake cardamom rose loaf cake for 50-55 minutes. (Oven temperatures may vary.) Remove from the oven and let the cake cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. After which, use a butter knife along the edges of the loaf pan and remove the cake. Continuing to cool on the loaf cake on the cooling rack until it reaches room temperature.
- While the loaf cake is cooling, make the blood orange frosting. In a high-speed food processor, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and blood orange juice. Whirl away until smooth and creamy.
- Use an icing spatula to gently spread a thin layer of the blood orange icing on top of the cooled rose cardamom loaf cake. Top the loaf cake with dried rose petals and blood orange slices for garnish.
- Slice and enjoy the cake with a cup of your favorite tea.
- This recipe makes more icing than you’ll likely need. I prefer a thin layer of icing on my loaf cake, but if you like it thick, feel free to spread more on top!
- No Bake Sweet and Salty Trail Mix Granola Bars
- Πόνος στον ώμο: Η μέθοδος που τον κάνει παρελθόν
- Αυτισμός: Αυξημένος ο κίνδυνος μετά από λοίμωξη της μητέρας
- Παγκόσμια Ημέρα κατά της Φυματίωσης
- Κυριακή 24 Μαρτίου 2019