- 6 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 and ¼ cups white flour
- ¾ cup miniature chocolate chips
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons milk chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil, separated
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter (make sure it is at room temperature and not melted or you will need to chill the dough) and brown sugar for 2-3 minutes. Beat in the room temperature (again not melted at all) cream cheese and the white sugar. Beat until well combined.
- Beat in the vanilla, baking soda, salt, and flour until a dough is formed. If it is too wet add in a little more flour until it pulls away from the sides when beating.
- Stir in ¾ a cup of chocolate chips.
- Roll the cookie dough into small balls and set aside.
- Line a miniature muffin tin with miniature lining cups.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl melt ½ cup chocolate chips with ¼ tsp. coconut oil. (I microwave for 30 seconds, stir for 30 seconds, microwave for 15 seconds, stir, and then its ready!)
- Spoon an even amount of the melted chocolate mixture into the bottom of each of the muffin cups.
- Place the balls (slightly flattened) of cookie dough on top of the melted chocolate mixture.
- In the same bowl melt another ¼ cup + 2 tbsp, of chocolate and ¼ tsp. coconut oil.
- Pour an even amount of chocolate over all of the cookie dough balls.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.