Activated Charcoal Bath Bombs
What You’ll Need
- 1 tablespoon food-grade activated charcoal (we got ours at Whole Foods, or you can order online)
- 3/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons citric acid
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- essential oils (optional)
- witch hazel
- bath bomb mold (like this set)
(Image credit: Marla Christiansen)
1. In a large glass bowl, mix the charcoal, baking soda and citric acid. Add the melted coconut oil, working it thoroughly into the dry ingredients. If you’re using essential oils, mix in a few drops now.
2. The mixture should be close to the consistency of wet sand and should hold its shape when pressed together — if not, spritz the mixture with witch hazel and stir.
3. Begin filling half of the mold, packing gently with each addition. Fill the second side of the mold slightly higher than the top of the mold, forming a small dome. Firmly press the two halves together, wiping around the edges of the mold to make sure the two sides are sealed.
4. Take the bath bomb out of the mold and allow to dry for 24 hours. To use, toss ’em in your bathtub and enjoy!