- 2 Cups Broccoli florets
- 1 Cup Non dairy milk, I used almond milk
- 1 Teaspoon Apple cider vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Hot sauce
- 3/4 Cup All purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons Corn starch
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Chili paste
- 1/4 Cup Agave syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Ketchup, I used organic
- 2 Teaspoons Soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Rice wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Now, make vegan buttermilk by whisking together the non dairy milk, apple cider vinegar and hot sauce. Let sit for a few minutes to thicken up while you make the rest.
- Next, in a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, panko, corn starch, baking soda, garlic powder and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Then, taking 2 Tablespoons of the vegan buttermilk, add that to the dry ingredients. Stir together, then use your hands to make wet crumbles. You should be able to press the mixture together, but it should easily crumble. Add a bit more buttermilk if needed.
- Using the remaining vegan buttermilk, dip each broccoli floret into the vegan buttermilk, then put in the bowl with the crumbles and press the crumbles all over the broccoli, coating completely in the breading crumbles.
- Then, place the broccoli onto a baking sheet sprayed with non stick spray. Repeat with all the broccoli florets.
- Spray the tops of the broccoli with more non stick spray. Then bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Flipping the broccoli half way through. Bake until brown and crispy.
- While the broccoli is baking, make the glaze. In a small sauce pan. Combine all the glaze ingredients. Whisk and heat on medium low. Bring to a small bubble, whisk and then remove from heat.
- When the broccoli is done, either toss with, drizzle with or dip the popcorn broccoli in the the glaze! Serve immediately!