- 2 cups un-popped popcorn
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tblspn coconut oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 1 tspn vanilla
- 4-5 food coloring options
- Sprinkles–all sorts
- Prepare as many sheets of aluminum foil on flat surfaces as you have food coloring options. Set aside.
- Be prepared to work quickly…
- While you pop your popcorn, place your sugar, oil, water, salt and vanilla in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Stir the sugar mixture until it’s completely liquified.
- Separate the popcorn evenly into as many large bowls as you have food coloring options. Set aside.
- Separate the sugar mixture into as many small bowls as you have food coloring options.
- Add 5-8 drops of food coloring to each of the small bowls of sugar mixture and stir until the color is consistent throughout.
- Pour one color of sugar mixture over each of the bowls of popcorn and stir, stir, stir until the color coats it completely. Repeat for each color.
- Spread each color popcorn over a prepared aluminum foil surface.
- Toss sprinkles of every kind over it before it dries.
- Allow to dry for at least 2 hours until no longer soggy.