- 2 Cups (256 g) All Purpose Flour
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1.5 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Orange Zest
- 8 Tbsp Unsalted Butter browned
- 3/4 Cup (270 g) Honey
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Orange Juice
- 1/2 Cup (125 ml) Almond Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup ( 50 g) Granulated Sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 F (163 C) and prepare four 6 inch mini loaf pans. (spray with non-stick spray or a thin coating of butter and flour.)
- In a medium bowl, hand whisk together sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger and orange zest.
- Brown your butter by placing in a small skillet on medium heat. Stir until butter is melted. Continue to stir and heat until butter is foamy and brownish in color.
- Pour brown butter into bowl of stand mixer.
- Add honey, orange juice, milk, sugar, and slightly beaten eggs.
- Mix on medium with paddle attachment until smooth.
- Slowly spoon in flour mixture on medium speed until a cake batter is formed. (scrape sides and bottom of bowl to incorporate all ingredients.
- Divide batter amongst the four pans.
- Place pans on cookie sheet and bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. (cover loaves with a sheet of aluminum foil halfway through baking.)
- Place pans on cooling rack to completely cool before removing.
- Eat and enjoy!