- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract*
- In a small sauce pan, bring cranberries, sugar and water to a boil. Add range zest, orange extract and cinnamon sticks.
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 10-15 minutes, until cranberries have burst, stirring occasionally.**
- Remove from heat. Discard the cinnamon sticks, and cool the sauce completely before serving (it will thicken as it cools).
*If you don’t have orange extract, use a splash of the juice from the zested orange to add more flavor.
**For a thicker cranberry sauce, continue to cook, about 20-25 minutes. I prefer mine a little bit more juicy; a sauce instead of a relish.