For the cake
- 1/2 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons vegetable (or canola) oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (also about 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons rose water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Super Fine Almond Flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
For the glaze
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 3 tablespoons rose petals
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger (SO optional, I just felt like it added nice texture)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8″ cake pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a standing mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter, oil, eggs, and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add in lemon zest, lemon juice, rose water, and vanilla extract.
- Turn speed to low and add in flour, almond flour, cardamom, baking powder, and salt until just mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until cake is lightly brown on top and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly before making the glaze.
- To make the glaze, combine powdered sugar, rose water, and whole milk in a microwave-safe bowl and whisk to combine (glaze will be very thick). Microwave for 10-15 seconds to thin out mixture, then pour over cooled cake.
- Sprinkle crushed pistachios and rose petals (and candied ginger, if using). Serve!