- 4 ounces full-fat cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract*
- 1 3.9 ounces instant chocolate fudge pudding mix dry (unprepared)
- 1/4 cup white flour
- 1 18.4 ounces fudge brownie mix**
- 1 3.5 ounces Ghirardelli peppermint bark bar
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Optional: 1/3 cup white chocolate chips, peppermint crunch sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl fitted to a stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and butter until completely smooth. They must both be at room temperature — do not melt or soften in the microwave of your cookies will flatten more/ be less thick. Just leave out for about 45 minutes to an hour and they’ll be perfect!
- Beat in the large egg and vanilla (OR peppermint extract to taste — see note).
- Beat in the pudding mix (do not prepare), and flour.
- Beat in the fudge brownie mix. It will be EXTREMELY thick and takes a while to get a dough to form. This is intended Just keep mixing and it will all come together even though it seems like it won’t.
- Coarsely chop the peppermint bark bar. Stir in the chopped peppermint bark bar (reserve a few pieces to press in the top), chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips (if desired).
- Scoop out cookies using a cookie scoop onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silpat liner.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes. Slightly under-baking these cookies gives them an awesome taste and texture like ultra fudge-y brownies so err on the side of slightly under-baking.
- Optional: Make them pretty! Press a few pieces of the reserved peppermint bark bar or a few extra chocolate chips onto the tops of the cookies right as they come out of the oven. Sprinkle the cookies with a bit of peppermint crunch sprinkles if desired (they stick to the melted chocolate chips).