- 10 Small Cubes Mold & Package
- 16 oz. Granulated Sugar
- 11 oz. Clear Melt and Pour Soap Base
- 6 oz. Sweet Almond Oil
- 3 oz. Glycerin
- 0.4 oz. Violet Fragrance Oil
- Liquid Violet
- Optional: Dropper
- Chop and melt 11 ounces of Clear Melt and Pour Soap in the microwave using 15-20 second bursts until completely melted. Once completely melted, add the glycerin and sweet almond oil. Stir the ingredients together. The mixture will become cloudy, and oils will sit on top. This is normal.
- Begin adding drops of the Liquid Violet. I found that in order to incorporate the colorant into the mixture, I needed to “break apart” the drops with a whisk. In the photo below, you can see how the colorant is not quite mixing in. If this happens to you, grab a whisk (preferably metal) and start whisking! The colorant will start to disperse throughout the mixture.
- Continue to add drops of the Liquid Violet until you achieve a rich purple color. I used about 15 drops. Keep in mind when the sugar is added, the color will lighten. Add drops until you’re happy with the shade, and use the whisk to completely mix in.
- Add the Violet Fragrance Oil, and use the whisk to completely mix in. At this point, the mixture will have cooled. Once the sugar is added, the mixture will cool very quickly. To keep the mixture fluid and pourable after the sugar is mixed in, check the temperature of the mixture.
- Heat in the microwave using 10 second bursts, stirring between each burst, until the mixture is about 135 ° F. Be careful to not burn the mixture.
- Open all the molds, and have them ready on the counter. Add the granulated sugar, and use a spatula to quickly stir in.
- Pour the mixture into each Small Cubes Mold and Package. Allow them to cool and harden for several hours, up to overnight with the lid open.
- Once the cubes have fully cooled and hardened, use a knife to cut the cubes at the seam. Or, you can break off a cube once you’re ready to use.
- To use, wet hands and break apart the cube. Apply to the skin and scrub. The cube also creates a mild lather from the soap, leaving skin feeling clean yet moisturized. Store the cubes in a dry, cool place. Avoid them from coming in contact with water prior to use. Enjoy!