- 1/2 cup avocado or other mild oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Gluten Free Flour with xanthan gum (I used Bob’s 1 to 1)
- 2 teaspoons double acting baking powder
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 & 1/4 cups light, yellow raisins
- 1 & 1/2 cups chopped cranberries (fresh preferred, but frozen can be used)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the avocado oil, orange juice, sugars, almond milk, and eggs into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Stir on low until the eggs are beaten.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and orange zest. Mix until all of the ingredients are incorporated.
- Fold in the raisins and cranberries with a silicone spatula or wooden spoon.
- Spread the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 70 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean. If you notice that the top of the bread is becoming darker than you desire, you can cover the top of the loaf with foil.
- I prefer to allow the loaf to cool completely before cutting. I also think that this bread is best served chilled in the refrigerator.