These little brownies are charming cooked in their own jelly jars topped with caramel, chocolate and pecans. They are irresistible.
- 12 4- ounce Jelly Jars
- Brownie Mix (gluten-free or regular) plus ingredients called for in mix
- 1 11- ounce package Caramels , unwrapped (I used Kraft brand)
- 3 tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks or Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup rough chopped Pecans
- Preheat the oven to the temperature called for on the brownie mix. Spray 12 jelly jars with non-stick cooking spray and place them on a rimmed baking sheet (note: use a light color baking sheet; if using black the brownies may cook faster).
- Prepare the brownie mix as directed on package. Divide it evenly between the jelly jars, filling the jars approximately halfway full. Bake for 25 minutes and check for doneness by inserting a toothpick and if it comes out clean, they should be done (note: unless the box mix indicates another way to determine they are done); or continue to bake for 5 minutes and check for doneness again. Allow to fully cook on a cooling rack.
- When the brownies have cooled, combine the unwrapped caramels and the whipping cream in a heavy, small saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly until the caramels have melted. Note: the caramel will begin to solidify again quickly so you must work quickly for the next steps! Spoon evenly between all of the jelly jars (using a large dining spoon works well) to cover the top of the brownie and immediately sprinkle with the pecans, pushing them into the caramel if needed to secure them. As the caramel begins to solidify (if the caramel is too hot it will melt the chocolate) sprinkle with the chocolate chunks and push them into the caramel to secure them as needed. Serve or cover the tops with plastic wrap until serving.