When your hair is insanely dehydrated and damaged, you’ve only got a couple of options: deep condition or cut it all off. Since I’ve been growing my hair out for a while now, I’m firmly in the deep condition camp. But even though I know it will do wonders for my hair, I don’t really want to spend 30 minutes in the shower twiddling my thumbs while my hair mask goes to work.
Instead, I opt for this overnight hair repair mask. It’s a super-potent treatment that penetrates your hair follicles while you sleep, leaving you with smoother, softer, and shinier hair in the morning. Unlike the kind you buy at the store, it doesn’t have any of those scary ingredients like parabens and pthalates.
Instead it relies on a blend of aloe vera, jojoba oil, glycerin and essential oils to coat even your driest bits and repair damaged tresses. Add in some biotin and you’ve got yourself a hair-fortifying mask that encourages growth and strengthens strands.
Just comb the mask through dry hair before bed, then slap on a shower cap and go to sleep. The mask soaks in overnight so you wake to brand new locks. Yeah, it’s that easy, and you’ll see a difference in just one night.
- 1/3 cup jojoba oil
- 1/4 cup witch hazel
- 1 tablespoon glycerin
- 2 tablespoons aloe vera gel (either fresh or bottled)
- 5 drops tea tree essential oil
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops ginger root oil
- 1 biotin capsule
- Combine everything in small bowl and whisk until smooth. Transfer the mixture to an airtight bottle.
- Give the bottle a good shake, then apply to clean, dry hair using your hands. Comb through hair until strands are lightly coated but not soaking wet. To protect your bed linens either wear a plastic hair cap, use an old pillowcase, or cover your pillowcase with a towel. Rinse out the next morning and style as usual.