yield 6 bars
For the Brown Sugar Stripes
- 1/4 cup cocoa butter
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Small microwave-safe bowl
- Silicone mold
For the Shea Butter Stripes
- Start by making the sugar scrub stripes. Combine the cocoa butter, shea butter and coconut oil in a small bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals until completely melted.
- Add the brown sugar and stir to combine. The mixture should be the texture of sand, not runny or soupy. Add more sugar if needed.
- Spoon the sugar mixture into your silicone molds (it might not be enough to fill all the cavities in your mold, which is fine since you’ll be cutting it up and evenly distributing the stripes among all the cavities). Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, or until solid.
- Remove the solid sugar scrub bars from the mold and slice each one into approximately 6 segments. Place the segments back in the mold with plenty of space in between each one. Put the mold in the freezer while you make the shea butter mixture.
- Combine the remaining 3/4 cup cocoa butter, 3/4 cup shea butter and 2 tablespoons coconut oil in a clean bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals until melted.
- Add the honey and bergamot oil and stir to combine.
- Let the shea butter mixture cool for about 25 minutes. Then remove the mold from the freezer and pour the shea butter mixture into each of the cavities, making sure to cover and surround all of the sugar segments. Use your fingers to adjust the stripes should they start to shift.
- Put back in the refrigerator until solid.
- Remove the scrub bars from the mold and store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use.