- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons water
- 2 heaped tablespoons raw macadamia nuts
- 1 Medjool date or a teaspoon of raw Manuka honey
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 pinches of nutmeg powder
- 2 pinches of clove powder
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1/3 – ½ vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon ashwagandha root powder equivalent to 1g
Add all ingredients (even the vanilla bean – no need to scrape the seeds out) in a blender and whizz till smooth and creamy. Transfer to a pot and heat gently.
To serve, add a sprinkle of cinnamon powder. In my photos, I used cinnamon, freeze dried plums, dried rose petals and cornflowers.
Ashwagandha Sleep Tonic