How to fold Samosas with Tortillas (instructions)
To keep the Tortilla Samosas together, first mix some flour with a bit of water to make a thick, sticky paste. That’s like the glue.
1. First you cut up large Tortillas into quarters, (so that you can make 4 samosas cones from 1 tortilla.)
2. Then you start with one quarter. Fold one corner towards the center.
3. Apply some paste on the sides of the opposite corner.
4. Fold the applied corner over it to form a cone and seal.
5. Add 1-2 tbsp of the filling.
6. Apply the open end with paste.
7. Fold up and seal.
8. That’s it! 😊
Fresh Guacamole and creamy Cashew Dip for dipping
Of course, avocado should not miss when making Burritos! Not only is it super delicious, it also contains healthy fats and important vitamins, such as vitamin A, vitamin E and biotin. Therefore, I like to serve the vegan Burrito Samosas with a simple Guacamole. Also, I love serving a vegan cheesy dip made of cashews and seasoned with yeast flakes (optionally, you could also serve Hummus). Plus a spicy tomato salsa dip with some chilli, the burrito combo is just perfect 👌🏻.
If you like recipes with tortillas, you can also look at my recipe for Spinach Wraps. Have fun trying! 😊
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 150 g Arborio rice (or other)
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt, pepper
- about 3 tbsp salsa sauce (optional)
- tabasco (optional)
- 1 tin black beans drained
- 150 g corn drained
- 50 g vegan cheese grated
- 6 large tortillas (gluten-free if needed)
- almond milk + oil (for brushing)
- 3 tbsp flour + 5 tbsp water (to make a flour paste «glue»)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt, pepper
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts (150 g) (soaked overnight) *
- 75 ml water
- 2 tbsp yeast flakes
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
Cook rice in salted water (or vegetable broth) according packaging instructions.
Heat the oil in a skillet or pan and fry the onions briefly for 1-2 minutes.
Add the garlic and paprika and stir-fry for a while, so that the peppers soften slightly.
Then add smoked paprika, chili, cumin, salt and pepper and sauté briefly.
Add rice and stir it all round so everything is well combined
Finally, stir in the beans and corn.
Allow the Mexican rice to cool and then fold in the grated cheese.
To make the flour paste (glue), mix flour and water in a small cup.
Cut the tortillas into 4 pieces and fold each quarter (as shown in the video above) to a cone. Apply the outer sides with a little paste and seal.
Fill the Tortilla Samosas with about 1-2 tbsp of Mexican rice (not too full, you should be able to close them easily). Apply the remaining open end with a little paste and fold up.
Repeat this process until all ingredients are used up.
Place the Burrito Samosas on a baking tray lined with baking paper (the fold side down). Brush with a little almond milk + oil.
Bake them in the preheated oven at 200℃ (392℉) for about 15 minutes (or until lightly browned and crispy on top).
Halve the avocado, remove the core and puree with the remaining ingredients for the guacamole. Season to taste.
Blend all the ingredients for the cashew dip. Season to taste.
- If you have not soaked the cashews overnight, you can also cook them soft for just 10-15 minutes.
- You’ll have some leftovers from the mexican rice, unless you’ve nibbled on some while preparing it 😋.