Peach Tomato Summer Salad
Author: Liza Graves
Recipe type: Side or Main Course
Serves: 4-8 servings
When summer vegetables are at their peak, this is a delicious way to combine flavors. Serve as a side with pork, seafood or burgers … or on its own as a delicious vegetarian dish perfect for hot weather. This makes enough for 4 large servings or 8 smaller ones.
- 3 peaches, chopped
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes (approx one quart), chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- Corn cut from one ear
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, rolled and cut into ribbons and then cut into smaller pieces
- 1.5 teaspoons kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon high-quality red balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Combine all ingredients from peaches to pecans, leaving a little bit of basil for garnish.
- Combine in a small bowl the olive oil, vinegar and honey to make the dressing.
- Mix dressing with the chopped vegetables and fruit.
- Taste to see if you prefer more salt or pepper.
- Top with goat cheese and basil garnish.
- Serve immediately.